Tuesday, October 6, 2009

My New Student

Crazy week for me...Lola is out of town on vacation! So, my wonderful mother-in-law (aka Nana) is keeping Gage and Toby starting about 8:30 each morning until I get finished teaching each day. But I had to find a place for them from when I got to school until she could get them...that is where is gets interesting...Gage is going to Shelia's Clubhouse for about 1 1/2 hrs each morning (Tues-Thurs and all day on Friday) and Toby is going to join my first block class. He has never been in "daycare" before and I was not going to put him into culture shock for 2 hours each morning for 4 days...not happening. So I am "sneaking" him into my classroom each morning. I did text our assistant principal and let him know but I really don't have another choice. He was a great student today. I was super proud of him...he did not stay attached to my hip. He actually intereacted with my class! I have a robot that the kids (students included) love to play with after they have finished their work. Blake finished early and showed Toby how the robot worked...

Toby was not sure about the robot when it started walking towards him. He just hugged up against Blake. It was really too sweet. This is so out of character for him...he was doing all sorts of funny stuff!
Then Blake let Toby have a turn at using the remote...Toby thought he was so big!


No comments:

Post a Comment