Monday, September 28, 2009

we love running

Running, running, running has become part of my life since the first of August. Got my chlorestrol levels back and well...they were not good...239. Yikes, yes it is in my family history so it is something that I will have to fight for the rest of my life. I love my 4 boys way too much so I went into action. I changed my diets, added fish oils to my daily diets, and started exercising. I decided I needed an event/goal to obtain. A few days later I got some information about a 5K from my good friend Elizabeth. I decided a 5K was a obtainable goal to reach in 3 months since I had not really been running daily/weekly since I had my babies. I got a good workout schedule from the internet and have stuck too it and have even lost some pounds (which I was also trying to do the healthy way.) I am now up to 2.5 and 3 miles a few times a week and 45 minutes on the lovely eliptical (while I watch recoreded Biggest Loser Episodes.) I feel so much better, have lots more energy, and my clothes are fitting so much better. I am getting my chlorestrol checked again during Thanksgiving week so I will be curious to see how much it has gone down. Well, when I started talking about a race Carson overheard me. He wanted to be a part too! So there is a one mile fun run that he is going to do that morning also. So now after I pick him up from school me and the 3 boys will go to the track about 2 days a week to allow him to practice. I'm going to bring my jogging stroller that all my high school girlfriends gave me at my baby shower for Carson and let Toby ride in it and Carson, Gage, and I will run around the track. Carson made it 1/2 miles yesterday...he would have enjoyed it more if I could have run with him but everytime I would attempt too...Toby would scream and run to me like I was trying to abandon him. So I think my new plan with the jogging stroller will be much better and less stressful for all involved! The race is November 7th...wish us happy training.

No comments:

Post a Comment