Sunday, September 6, 2009

cupcakes

Two Wednesday's ago we were at church eating supper before going sending the kids to their classes. Ms. Lynn, who cooks so wonderfully for us, came over to visit with my boys. She asked Carson why he wasn't eating her lemon dessert she made. He replied "I don't like lemon dessert Ms. Lynn." She asked him what he did like. He replied "chocolate cupcakes." She asked "chocolate cupcakes with your name on it?" He got excited "yes ma'am!" Ms. Lynn said "well I will see what I can do."

~fast forward to this past Wednesday night~

Carson had been sick with fever/crud and could not go. He and Brad stayed at home. So I took Gage and Toby with me to church. We got in the line and Ms. Lynn asked where everyone else was...I told her. We got our food and went to our table and started eating. She walked over as usual and was bring a box this time. Right when she got to the table...it clicked...she made chocolate cupcakes! Oh my! I was floored! She opened the box and showed Gage and Toby. I got up and gave her the biggest hug and told her how much I appreciated her. I love to do nice things for people...I love how happy it makes them...and how special it makes them feel. But let me tell you...it was such a happy/sweet/special feeling when people do nice things for your kids because your kids are just an extention of you. I have to share with you how much my boys loved Ms. Lynn's cupcakes!

We got home and shared our surprise with Carson. All of them are trying to figure out which one to take and eat first. Toby had his lip poked out and got upset in this picture b/c I has asked him to just wait one more minute before he dove in b/c I had to get my camera on.
She personalized them...each of the boys got 2!
Pure Enjoyment of the Cupcake!
Gage ate both of his before I could get him to save one for tomorrow...
Yummy Yummy to his Tummy
He was so proud of his cupcakes with his name on them.
Ms. Lynn, I can't thank you enough for being so sweet to my boys. I love to visit with you on Wednesday nights in the meal serving line and at our table. I have enjoyed getting to know you and enjoyed you getting to know/love my boys! love, amy

No comments:

Post a Comment