Sunday, September 20, 2009

big snake

Call us what you want...country, redneck, hillbilly, crazy, interesting...we will take it all! So on our way home from a big night on the town we were almost home and there was THIS in the middle of the road. I ran over it of course...a copperhead snake large enough to kill someone if it were to bite! Brad immediately hollered..."back up and run back over it"...then "again go forward and back again." Afterwards we all had to get out and observe the dead snake and how large he was. Even had the camera with me (of course I did...you see the snake, Carson, and the snake wrangler), I had to snap a picture! I could not miss this great opportunity for such a wonderful journal for Carson.

Journal: each night for homework (one of the many things we do) is journal. We take a picture of something we have done and tape it to the notebook page then I write a sentence that Carson comes up with describing the picture. He then rewrites the sentence below me. At school the next day they all share their journal with one another. It is such a great speech activity because they talk about things that might not be brought up in class...lots of different speech topics! Bet we are the first to have a snake journal in this class for the school year!

1 comment:

  1. So glad to know that it was dead. I about passed out before I read the whole story. I DO NOT like snakes. Hate would be a better word. Scared to death too.

    ReplyDelete