Monday, September 7, 2009

Call me "Cat Lady"

We (really me) have aquired 5 cats over the past several years. There is only 1 that I went out and got from a family who was giving away free kittens. Everytime I bring home a new one, Bradley fusses. One conversation went~ me: well we have a new addition to our family and it's sweet and furry, him: you better now have take it back to Joe's now, me: ummm I did not find it at Joe's it was in the middle of the road and only about wks old! I always remind Brad when I do rescue one that he would have not married me if I was that person who could just leave an animal sitting in the road! Here are their stories...

Pheobe
I actually took her from a house that was not taking very good care of her. She is the oldest cat and is the leader. She doesn't play nice with the other female cats especially when it comes to mealtime.
Miss Bertie
I picked her up in the middle of the road this past June. She was so tiny and skinny. I had to chase her up a small embankment and grab her with a towel because she was so scared. She now is very lively and great with my boys. She loves any type of attention that anyone will give her...even Toby attempting to pick her up.
Nutmeg
Well after I lost my gray tabby cat Jinx, I really wanted to get a yellow tabby cat. Mami (a favorite grandmother of mine) and I had one named "cat-cat" when I was growing up. So I find a family who has kittens they are giving away and they have a yellow tabby! So we brought the kitty home thinking "it's a girl" and the perfect name is "nutmeg." Well after a few months, we realized that "it's a boy." His name is still Nutmeg. When all my animals are 6 months old, I get them spayed or neutered. I control the pet population at my house! So Bradley now refers to "Nutmeg" as "Nutlessmeg." He's the only one that get along with all the other cats!
Pilchard
I did pick her out the day she was born. It was totally on a whim and was going to back out of it when I got Nutmeg but decided that he needed a playmate. She is not very nice to the other cats either. Cats can have such horrible attitudes towards other cats and I know it is just them being territorial!
Penelope
Brad and his dad were picking up hay at a friends house about 30 minutes from the house. She had been wandering around their house for about a week and they did not want her. Jeffrey called me and told me that he had loaded her up with Brad to bring home. I did not believe him because we had just gotten Pilchard and Nutmeg and I just couldn't believe Brad was bringing home another cat. But he did!
Let's just say we don't have a mole or mouse problem at our house!

No comments:

Post a Comment