Sunday, August 9, 2009

Peacocks!

Brad bought me these 2 baby peacocks last week...a male and female (we hope!) They are only 3 months old now. Peacocks are very hard to raise from birth to this stage...so hopefully they will be ok. We kept them in this pen that is off the ground for about a week before we put them in a larger pen on the ground. The first night we let them in their new pen I went out to check on them to make sure they were roosting ok in their new environment...I looked everywhere in the pen for them. No peacocks...then one finally moved and it caught my eye...it was on top of the big barn Brad built for my chickens this summer. That is where they roost now...at least I feel that they are safe. I will update with pictures as they grow...maybe one day we will have babies! Oh and they are called Black Shoulder Peacocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment