Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Homemade Salsa

Ok...I am not much of a cook but I really would like to be so I am trying my hand a new recipes I come across that my crew likes and it's easy to make. This salsa recipe fits both catagories! I have to give credit to Ashley my friend who I took pictures of her and her little cutie Caden last Friday night...remember! Ok...so here's the recipe

2 cans of Hunt's all natural petite diced tomatoes
1 can of black beans (rinsed)
2 cans of mexicorn (drained) Ashley only 1 but I like 2
1 4oz can chopped green chilies
1/2 purple onion cut up very small
5 green onion stalks cut up very thin also
1/4 bunch cilantro leaves cut up or pinched apart
1/2 of a lime squeezed in (just the juice)
salt/pepper to taste
5 shakes of cumin

it is not hot at all...but cilantraish tasting...simply divine!
mix all this in a box
cover and refrigerate overnight
it will all marinate together
it will keep for about 2 wks but never lasts thu that long

If you try it, please, please, please leave me a comment and let me know what you think!

1 comment:

  1. Well lets just say i have not tried it yet but my mouth is watering.... I have all the things i need to make it on my walmart list... I cant wait to make it... will let ya know after i do but i can already tell ya it is gonna be awesome... Talk to ya later... Suzanne

    ReplyDelete