Saturday, July 11, 2009

2 turtles = fun

*trying something new...when I talk/type about photos in this post I'm going to talk about it then show the photo instead of you scrolling down seeing the photo then me telling you about it then probably having to scroll back up and see the photo and what I was talking about...I'm gonna give it a shot! ok...onto the post...

Let me set the scene...we went golfcart riding and on our way home we almost ran over a turtle...well we sort of did but it was fine. Carson wanted to take it home and so we loaded him up in the back with Carson and Gage...it was just a box turtle. So that struck Brad and I a conversation up about turtles...I had many, many turtle growing up box turtles and paint/water turtles. I would keep them for a while then let them go. I had one tamed so much he would eat supper out of my hand. Oh...and they were ALL named "Bobby"...I have no clue why...they just were. Brad then told me about this turtle days...he make a fenced in yard for turtles and was going to start a turtle farm. Everytime he would see one on the road he would get his parents to stop and pick it up. He had food and water and all the comforts of home in his turtle farm. How cute! Learn new stories about this boy all the time! So yes...we still pick them up on the road where ever we are and bring them back to our farm to live the "good life!"

So....we brought our turtles home and set them out in the yard together...they created quite the scene...that is why I went in to grab my camera (of course everyone had moved by then)...all 3 boys, Maggy, Peanut, 3 of the 5 cats, and some chickens too! Gage kept waiting for them to poke their heads out and he would talk to them.
The poor curious yellowbuff chicken was trying to get up close for a glimpse of the turtles too and Pilchard basically told her that she was getting way too close and to back off! quite the action shot...

Some of my chickens are very tame and just wander all out where we are. Toby was enjoy sliding and yep the chicken is still trying to get close to that silly turtle again to get a closer look.

I do believe that one day that Carson Henry will turn into a HoneyBun...he calls them "his dee-serts" (he puts much stress on the "dee" part of the word). They have become bribary to do his homework...I will do anything to keep the peace during homework time.
Here are all 3 of my little ones...just a one shot photo...all by myself. Brad was not standing behind me making funny faces this time. We are really enjoying our summer together!
Toby was trying to tell me that the turtle was getting away...see the cat...still enjoying all the action.

Toby loves turtles...well...Toby loves all sorts/kinds of animals!
My Brown-Eyed Gage-Man!
Well, while me and the boys went to feed chickens and collect eggs one of the turtles "escaped" into the woods. The other one was not so bright and he ran into 2 telephone poles...so Gage "rescued" him and we took him to the edge of the yard so he could crawl into the woods. It was a fun day on the farm!

Add Image

No comments:

Post a Comment