Tuesday, May 12, 2009

'Tis the season...

Thanks to my mom I feel the need to decorate for every season (Christmas, Valentines, Mardi Gras, Easter, etc). I have never really "decorated" for Mother's Day. I got 2 very special gifts this year from my oldest boys that I will cherish forever. I wanted to do something special with them. So I have displayed them on the piano (where I decorate for every other season) for right now. I will send pictures for the other seasons when I decorate for them. After the season is over I will just pack them away in a small box (usually a diaper box since I have so many of them) and put them in the closet and pull out the next seasonal box. I just thought I would share this because we can get overwhelmed with "things" made for us by our children and this is the way that I am choosing to cherish them. Just think in 20 years when I pull out this picture of Carson or Gage admires each year how much his hand has grown...how special they will feel that I have cherished their special gifts they made for me many years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment