Saturday, May 2, 2009

Our Saturday...

It was a fun Saturday...but busy. It was a barn building day plus I knew it was going to warm up so I had in mind of pulling out the new purple pool too.

There were 3 our of friends that came out to help Bradley with his barn. Today they brought the majority of their children...it was wild but lots of fun. My boys love these kids...they all get along so well and play great together. We all took turns at the foot pump to get this pool up and running then they all got in...all 7 of them (not Karlie). It was a hit...they were able to cool off!
This is the barn (work in progress). They are doing great and we would not be able to do all of this without their help...we appreciate their friendship and their knowledge of construction!

After lunch...we had a turn of events...Gage was just not being "GAGE" and we got concerned. He sat in my lap out at the man-shed where we cooked hamburgers for everyone and he was burning up. I took him to our local hospital ER b/c there are no doctors offices open in our town on Saturday plus I did not want to drive all the way in to the big town! They were great even though every time they had to take Gage's temperature under his arm he would cry "ouch, ouch, ouch" then the nurse would say "does it hurt?" and Gage would reply "no." But the visit was quick and we were off to Mr. Joe's to get our needed drugs to get well. Gotta give a big thanks to a great friend Melissa...whenever my kids or me for that matter are sick...I feel the need to call her (like she is my local doctor advisor). She calms me down, gives me great advice, and is a great listener! I appreciate you Melissa!

Well, then it was back to the farm...yep to swim...Gage doesn't look too sick now does he? His fever broke (and it was 102 at the doctor so he really was sick...just the crud though.) I love this picture. Nana and Slick gave them goggles in their Easter basket and they think they must wear them in their pool. Too funny especially when they don't stay on the eyes! Oh and Toby can totally hold his own in this purple pool...he is just one of the guys and thinks he is so grown!

We went over to Nana and Slick's house (this is them) and swam in their VERY cold pool. But they spent hours cleaning it out today...so we decided to show them we appreciate them and swim for a little while. We all ate some pasta stuff Nana had leftover from lunch then I suggested a golfcart ride and everyone jumped at my idea...it was so nice and relaxing. Afterwards Carson invited himself to spend the night with Nana and Slick...it was too funny. This is how the evening ended...Carson is hog heaven...riding into the sunset with some very special people in his life...Nana and Slick! This boy LOVES these 2 people so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment