Thursday, May 21, 2009

first word & "now I understand"

First off...Toby said his first word other than "mama" or "dada". It was "MILK". The other night at 2am I had Toby on my hip and I was fixing him another milk bottle...I was saying "milk, milk, milk." Then Toby just said it...too sweet. You go Toby-man!



Ok back to Carson's artwork about the "broken house that don't have a roof on it." I was driving to pick up Carson and his buddies at school and talking to my dear friend Joan. She commented on Carson's artwork and said she had been thinking about it and knew exactly why he drew it and what it all meant. She said it was because of all the recent tornadoes in our area, the family who we helped who's roof was blown off their house, and that we recently got a tornado shelter. I picked up Carson and asked him to explain to me why he drew that picture of the "broken house." Well...Joan was right...exactly right! He said "Mama, that is what would happen to our house if a tornado hit it!" Wow! The things he comprehends and keeps with him are amazing to me.

Oh and I have to include this funny about Gage just because I have blogged about my other little chickens! Last night Brad and I were putting the boys to bed. Gage was sitting in my lap and I said "let's talk to Jesus." He said "thank you God for Mama, Daddy, Bubba (Carson), Boby (Toby), Nana, Pilchard (our little grey cat) and all of our other Pilchards (yep he was referring to our other 3 cats)...he is a mess...but I am thankful he loves to talk to his Jesus and I know Jesus knew exactly what he meant by the other Pilchards!

No comments:

Post a Comment