Saturday, November 7, 2009

Scrub Run

Remember this post...well "race day" was TODAY!...November 7, 2009
The Health Trust Scrub Run 5K and 1 Mile Fun was TODAY! It was so much fun!
I had a personal best at the 1 mile mark of 10:15! at the 2 mile mark of 21:00 and for the entire 5K I beat my best time by 3 minutes...WhooHoo! My final time was around 31:45. Oh and to top it off I got 1st in my age group!

Gage loved this cute little mouse at the Scrub Run! He kept telling the mouse (who was a guy Brad and I had both taught) "you are such a cute mouse!"

Carson is on the far left (in the orange shirt). This boy was so pumped up about this race today. After we are supper at Zips last night he made his daddy go show us where we were going to start our race today. He jumped out of bed this morning when I asked him if he was ready to run his race...he was PUMPED! I just wanted him to have a good run and have fun! You should have seen his face right after the gun went off...he took off...making sure he was in the lead.

On his way back to the finish line, Brad and Gage went up a little ways to cheer him on and make sure that he was still in good spirits...he was running like crazy and turned around and to Brad "Daddy look at all the people I'm beating in my race!" He is a mess...and such a competitor. Slick and Toby were cheering him on while he was rounding the corner back into the park.

My Little (very fast) runner! I am loving that he had such a fun time. His time was 8:58!

All of us waiting for the results...(taken by my little photographer!)

You know what's absolutely priceless...the look on your son's face after he just found out he got 1st place in this age group! (5 and under). I am loving this "job" called a "MOM" right now!

Showing his medal to his Slick!

We were both winner...but most of all...we had fun!



2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh!
    Amy, I am SO proud of you. What a great accomplishment - and so glad you had fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and Carson both did great!! Did you decide not to do the "Blackbird" Run today or was this it??

    ReplyDelete