Sunday, November 29, 2009

our new addition

Brad and I have been doing some research for the past 2 days on Austrailian Shepards. They seem like a really neat breed that would fit us. For the first time since my Sherpa went to heaven I can actually talk/think about getting another dog to love. So we even made a phone call last night to a guy that has puppies...

Skip to this afternoon at 4:00 when our friends came out to deer hunt. He came in the house and said "oh you decided to go ahead and get a dog?" He said that there was an Austrailian Shepard out in the driveway that Linda was petting. I still did not believe him. I followed him outside and there was this small dog with blue merle markings. She was precious. I had no idea what Brad would say or think of it.

I bought her in and gave her some food. Toby was of great assistance. We both had our hands in her face and bowl the entire time she was eating. She never got aggressive. We have 5 cats as you know and she never was aggressive towards any of them. You could tell that she was just so excited to be loved on and have a little food in her belly.

We brought her in and gave her a bath in the utility sink. Feed her a little more food again. She finally got settled on the dog bed by Maggie. I went and laid down beside her to love on her. She did not even have enough evergy to get up and jump all over me. She is so exhausted! I know she has been wandering around for several days after some cruel person dumped her out on the side of the road to either die or for someone to take in. Now she can sleep with a full belly tonight beside Maggie...
Funny thing is...I have been praying for the right dog for us to be shown to me and show up when it is time for me to have another one. I was not excited about having a 6 week old puppy to house break in the winter...I already have to change Toby's diapers...that is enough for me right now! So I consider her a little present from Heaven. Oh and she LOVES Toby...I mean...really loves him!
She doesn't have a name...any suggestions?

1 comment: