Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Day 3 with 7 children

Well today is day 3 and we are all still going strong! If I don't start my day like this picture above all nice and planned out...I will get run over by 7 children though. Laundry is done every night and folded every morning, dishes are cleaned after each meal and ready for the next one, and during "nap/rest" time pj's and clothes for the next day at set out. You gotta be prepared!


VBS went great...244 today! Sharon is still out so I'm still stepping up as director...if that is what you call what I'm doing. I am attempting to take accurate counts of everyone, fight fires, and encourage everyone. Today after VBS Toby decided to "ride" Maggie while I prepared lunch...don't worry...he was not hurting my Maggie!

After lunch, Brad hung around the house making sure the babies were still napping and we picked up our friend Heaven on the golfcart and went over to Nana and Slick's to do a little swimming. Didn't really know how it would go...but it was a big hit!

Hunter was so pumped and happy...it was too cute!

Gage made big strides in getting more comforable with the water (thankgoodness). He jumped off the side of the poop...woohoo...while holding just 1 of my fingers. He just has a fear that Carson did not have so this is very tough for Brad and I who are such swimmers.

We got tired of the pool and decided to venture back to our side of the lake and play a little on the waterslide and eat snack....doughnut pieces and red koolaid. The ladies in the "teacher's lounge" at VBS were still in shock that I had 7 at my house that they said "could you use the doughnut's for anything?" I said "sure I can they will make a great snack for this afternoon!"

Maddi, Gracie, and Heaven had such a good time playing. Heaven was just so glad it was girls because she usually has to play with my 3 boys...so this was a treat for her!

As everyone was still playing on the waterslide...Maddi was tired of it so she said. So she was my chicken farm helper today. She loved it! She gave our birds all the scraps from lunch...

Then got to check eggs...that was so neat for her.

Maddi with all of the eggs she collected for the day.
Afterwards...I decided that the pool would subsitute as a "bath" tonight. We came in and got dressed, I fixed taco ring for supper, then me and 8 kiddos headed out for Wednesday night church. Brad and Joe (Heaven's dad) had to fix the bush hog on the tractor tonight.









No comments:

Post a Comment