Monday, April 13, 2009

started out a quiet evening...

It started out a nice quiet evening with not too much excitement. We all got home from school, fed the chickens, and decided to go down to the lake and fish a little. Carson caught a big brim...it makes fishing so much more fun when you catch fish! We were actually fishing for our supper...YUMMY! I was in not so great of a mood (no real reason why) and I told Brad that I needed a relaxing golfcart ride. He is always trys to make my requests come true when I ask for simple things such as this...so he said well meet me back down at the in 30 minutes and we will head out...I was so excited about a little relaxation riding thru the woods on our beautiful trails...well then the story gets interesting...

About 4:00 when we got home from school there was a huge thunderstorm that blew over our area no where else was it raining in MS but right here in our area! So there was lots of water everywhere but it was really no different than any other time when we ride and it rains. Brad's golfcart is built up and will go thru lots of water plus I do not worry about water and puddles when Brad is driving b/c I trust his instinct. We are on our way back to the house and crossing our last bit of large water by the pipeline and yep...you guessed it...we got stuck. At that exact same moment a cotton mouth crosses our path. Brad jumps out with his large blade and chops his head off and we have a educational lesson with the boys on "don't touch snakes, snakes are bad, we don't touch snakes, etc". Now...we have to get unstuck. Gage starts crying and wants to go home, Carson starts laughing at him, and now Toby is getting all upset b/c he hears Gage crying. Oh and the more the boys start cutting up the less patience Bradley has...so I sort of become peacemaker!

Oh and the bad part is that we backed out of the water and I thought we were going to head back the other way and Brad said "let's try it just one more time...and I'll have my speed up." Well...another failed attempt! So everyone got ALL upset again...once again...I am peacemaker!

I have to say that every situation that we have ever gotten in Bradley has gotten us out of. He is great at getting unstuck. He will loose his patience and his temper will flair (really the only time it does flair), but he has more common sense than anyone I know especially in the woods. Thanks goodness! We never can go on just a normal golfcart ride...there always has to be an adventure added in. But who wants normal...not me!

Gage was so upset b/c he has been stuck several times and it just stresses him out. Carson was that way a few years ago but he grew out of it. I feel so bad for him when we gets that way but I can't help but laugh (inside of course) and take pictures.

Just had to add a picture of Toby sporting his camo hat he has worn since he came home from the hospital...I just love that thing on him and it still fits!
Oh and we did eat brim that we caught earlier in the day for supper. Brad cooked it on the Big Green Egg on a Cedar Plank and man was it yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment