Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Look no training wheels...

To get the full effect of my son Carson you first need to know a litttle about him. He gets these ideas in his head of something that he wants and usually doesn't drop the idea until it comes to pass...I'm not kidding. I love his determination but it can get tiring as a parent!

His friend Nick is having a birthday and wants a new bike. So...Carson found a Cabela's magazine and has found a bike he wants. He has taken the magazine to school for 2 days now! He has told everyone he comes in contact with that he wants this bike. Thanks Nick!

Well, Carson does have a bike (that is quite pathedic looking~rusted and beat up) that he has never shown interest in since he has had it for 2 years. Oh and it has training wheels still on it of course. So we drive up into the drive way yesterday from school...still talking about the bike issue. I finally said "you learn how to ride that bike you have without the training wheels on it and I'll go buy you a brand new bigger bike." Well...that was just "game on" for Carson!

He told his dad to take the training wheels off...

Brad pushed him off...

Yep...and he rode away!

No lie...the kid has not fallen yet! I'm not kidding! Brad also taught him how to start all by himself. So yes...I'm true to my word! I'm going to Wal-Mart today to get him a bike and surprise him when I pick him up from school.

2 comments:

  1. Yea Carson!!! That's a great lesson for me to learn. HEHE. Hope all is going well and I love the pics of the boys!!!

    ReplyDelete