Sunday, March 29, 2009

Let's Go Fly a Kite...

On the way home from school this past week Carson told me that he needed a spiderman kite. I remember that at school they have a Kite Day and learn all about kites and fly them in the afternoon...it's a BIG deal at school. So I told him that I would look at Wal-Mart when I went later on in the week. Well...I found some for $1.00 so I could not resist. Of course I was going to try to keep them hidden until I was ready to fly them, but they were helping bring groceries in and found them right away. I held them off until the next morning...Saturday morning we got them out, put them together, and headed out to fly kites. Nana and Slick (yes, that's what we call Brad's dad) showed up on the 4-wheeler and Slick helped me out! He was really good at it too!

Gage got into kite flying...after I would work to get it up in the air! He was so pumped up and was telling us all about how his was way up in the air. I love this picture b/c he is so "into" it.


Slick, Carson, Nana, and Toby kite flying! See Gage in the background continue to fly his!

Brad did break away from finishing up building the young chicks a pen and attempt to fly the kite. Let's just say he went back to finishing up building the chicks pen quite quickly. We all just laughed at his efforts poor things...but it was very comical! I guess you just have to know Brad!

Kite crashed and I took the opportunity to smile with Carson before I attempted to get it back up again. Slick and I fly the kites for a good long while...a good $2.00 well spent...lots of good family!

Here are our kites when we got them way up in the air...superheros and spiderman!

No comments:

Post a Comment