Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Our First Mardi Gras Parade

Saturday we went over to Louisiana to a great family friendly parade for Mardi Gras. We had so much fun as a family. We went with about 3 other families. Toby stayed with Ms. Pam...thankfully! We had to walk a ways to the beginning of the parade...but it was worth it. I can't believe all of the stuff that they throw! It was WILD! We came home with SO much stuff. We sent tons of beads with Carson to school today and they are having a Fat Tuesday celebration...so I know that they will have fun.
Gage and I with our loot and the floats still coming down the road! Oh and there is a story of about these duck beads! Brad says he wishes he had a video of me begging that man up on that float for my duck beads. He said that I lost any sense of mothering b/c I just ran after the float and left Gage running after me. But hey...I got the duck beads...I'm wearing them today for Fat Tuesday and all of these high school students love them.

Brad got Carson to get me a feather boa off one of the floats...

Bradley and I while we were all cooking out and visiting before the parade.

No comments:

Post a Comment