Monday, February 23, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday Toby!


Happy Birthday To You ... Toby Wade Smith!
Taken right before we left the hospital

One year ago today Toby Wade Smith was born...my how this past year had flown by! On February 21 I started feeling very uncomfortable but did really think much of it because I had 5 more weeks to go before my official due date. But after picking up the Magnolia "crew" I headed to the hospital. Thankfully my mother-in-law met me there to get Carson and Taylor. I just wanted to get monitored really quick to ease my mind before I headed home. Well...Toby had other plans! I was having contractions over the course of 2 days my doctor tried 4 different courses of action to stop my contractions. Nothing worked. Brad finally got to come up to the hospital Friday night after he got places for Carson and Gage to go stay for the weekend. At midnight Friday night we all decided to have a section first thing in the morning. But we had to wait for my doctor. She has 2 babies at home and her husband was on nights at the time and she had no babysitter! She was not even on call and came in to deliver Toby for me. She is very special to us. It meant so much to me and Brad. Carla made it up to the hospital just in time that morning before they wheeled me back...but no one else was there b/c they were either too far out of town or were keeping our other babies for us. Also to add to all of this excitement...we did not know if Toby was a boy or a girl. We had names picked out and also had a prediction sheet going. As the doctor was delivering Toby she said "Oh my you have another one...It's a boy!" I will never forget it...I was so excited to have now 3 little boys that can grow up being so close to one another. Toby has been a complete joy to be added to our family. Like his Auny Lacey says "Toby is just happy to be here." He loves and adores his 2 big brothers. His Slick says "he's the best boy we've got"...just wait till he catches up Slick and I bet you reconsider! Toby loves to talk about his daddy..."dadadadada" all the time and the occasional "mamama." Toby will stand up and balance but no steps have been taken yet...but I am not worried. Carson walked at 15 months and Gage at 13 months. He has been a great very laid back 3rd baby. Toby just goes with the flow. I leave you with some of my favorite pictures of my happy little Toby.
3 Months Old
6 Months Old
9 Months Old

11 Months Old

No comments:

Post a Comment