Friday, April 2, 2010

Party at the Governor's Mansion

Magnolia Speech School got a special invitation to the Governor's Mansion for an Easter party. We were the only school there. It was so special! There were so many things there for us to do and it was all decorate up like and Easter party with even fancy party foods!
While we were waiting to take a Magnolia group picture on the front steps I found the Easter Bunny and had to get my picture with him!
The had bunnies and chicks for all the kids to pet. Carson picked up one of the baby chicks and said "we have about 80 of these at our house right now!" The lady just looked very surprised. I assured her that he was telling the truth! (my little county farm boy)
They got to get their faces painted...and that was really fun for Carson. It was the second time he had this done in a week (and the second time in his life.) He now thinks that we are suppose to paint faces when we hunt eggs. He already has our Easter festivities planned...I have to paint faces before we hunt for eggs.
The First Lady...Marsha Barbour and Carson
Miss Jessica's class with the Easter Bunny!
The Simpson County Crew: Avery, Taylor, Hunter, and Carson on front steps of the Mansion
Love this picture of the 4 of them...
There was a train ride that took them around the Governor's Mansion.
Then I got a chance to talk to Governor Haley Barbour about how special Magnolia Speech School is to our famiy...and it is VERY special!
Inky the Clown made Carson a red sword...he waited to patiently for it!
So glad that I was able to join them for the special day of fun that I will never forget and so glad that I got so many pictures so that I can always remind Carson of what a special day it was!


No comments:

Post a Comment