Sunday, December 13, 2009

Tornado Shelter Party

This past week we had the opportunity to try out our tornado shelter. The weather was getting bad and Brad had just left to help run the clock at the high school girls game. I called him and informed him of the weather. He said "the sirens are going off in town so head down to the shelter for a little while." Well, I did not want to scare the boys. So I gathered up some snacks, blankets, and my iPhone (I had just downloaded Elf the movie on my phone that day.) I went back to my bedroom and with a big smile I said,"boys, so y'all want to go down to the tornado shelter and have a little party?" They just looked at him but they did agree! So we headed out into the rain and then down into the shelter. There is no electricity right now in the shelter but with our little mag flash light pointed upward in a white cave it is plenty of light. We enjoyed marshmellows, graham crackers, and pudding while watching Elf for about 30 minutes.
Carson and Toby snacking away...
Gage eating his yummy pudding.
Carson and I on the steps leading up to the hatch to let us out of the shelter.


No comments:

Post a Comment