Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Meet Gypsie!

I'm Gypsi a Chesapeake Bay Retriever. I'm about 5 years old. I was trained extensively for 2 years on many commands. But I have been in a pen for 5 years. When I arrived at the Smith Family Farm and Country Club, I had no idea how to relate to any dog (or really anything to that matter.) I have never been abused so my self esteem is just great.
I have a chocolate curly coat and a beautiful block head (so my mama says.) I go to the family when they say "Gypsi heel." I sit quietly by their side and want my head rubbed because I am starting to know what "affection" is. After 4 days of being on the farm I finally wagged my tail. I don't attack and growl at Maggie and Harley anymore (thankgoodness, mama says.) My family has given me SO much love, time, and affection over the past 2 weeks and it is amazing how much that will change a dog! It feels wonderful to be a part of a loving family. I even get to come inside in my own kennel in the den with everyone else for the night and sleep snuggly!
Toby is standing on my kennel with his "sword" soooo NOT wanting his pic taken!


2 comments:

  1. This doggie is beautiful. hope you guys are doing well. love to all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gypsi is a real cutie! Good luck to all of you.

    ReplyDelete