Saturday, March 27, 2010

Carson's First Bike Ride

I love to exercise (outside especially)...when I have time (I have to make it), when it is NOT feel like a chore, love to do it with my boys. Bike riding is my thing...because it doesn't hurt my knees! So over Spring Break the weather was decent and longer hours in the evenings are finally. Carson is pretty athletic and loves to ride his bike but I did not know if he could make it on my bike ride. I asked him if he would like to ride down to the Strong River Bridge and he immediately replied "YES!" So I took off with low expectations because there are some pretty big hills but they are mainly on our way back home (2 really big ones.)

Here are some pictures from our adventure. We rode down Ponder Mason Road to Everett Church Road and then down to the Strong River Bridge. We walked down to the Strong River and checked out the beach area. Won't go back though. Not taken care of at all. We will throw rocks from the top of the bridge down into the river...boys like to do that too!



He asks every afternoon to go riding! I love it! We took Gage and Toby yesterday. I have a 2 seater wagon that I can pull with my bike that has 2 wheels and supports 100lbs. Gage and Toby are a total of 80lbs. So I get a really good work out. Carson reminds me constantly when he is ahead of me..."Mama, I'm beating you...I'm gonna be the winner!" I just reply..."yep big boy you are definitely the winner, but you are now my favorite riding buddy!" Love the idea that my kids are starting to get of age to exercise with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment